Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Did you know your old prom dresses can become a kid's favorite blanket?


Do you remember Linus of the venerated Peanuts cartoon? He was a piano virtuoso who loved his blankie and also shows how universal that love for just the right soft cloth can be. My mom and aunts are amazing quilters and can seemingly take anything and make a gorgeous, collectible quilt from it. Even if you, like me, lack that “quilting gene,” you can blanket the world with your love and good intentions by collecting them for donation.  I put out a call and got a ton of nice comforters to donate to Project Linus,  www.projectlinus.org for gifting cozy quilts and oh-so-warm blankets to kids in shelters, hospices, hospitals and wherever the cloaking comfort of love might be needed. My mom recently made a quilt of some of my crazy outfits from the 80’s!

Blanket the World With Love

No comments: